Cloud Accounting Specialist
We are looking for someone to join our rock-star team who enjoys variety, loves to geek out to financial data and is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box! We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring intelligent, dynamic, passionate people who want to work together to get things done! This position is virtual, able to be performed from anywhere! It could be a full-time opportunity, a part-time opportunity or even a side-hustle. That is up to YOU!
Gardner & Capparelli is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting services, including our virtual CFO model. We exist to help today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our clients. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience for our clients.
Our company’s core values say it all – it is who we are and how we show up every day:
- Work-life Integration: an approach that creates more synergies between all areas that define ‘life’: work, home/family, community, personal well-being, and health
- Reputation Outweighs Profits: always do the right thing, be a good person
- Passion for Client Success: love what you do, treat your client’s business like your own
- Stay Hungry: no matter the success we see in the future, we must remain growth driven and forward thinking. Stay humble. Stay hungry.
- Have fun: life’s too short not to!
The Cloud Accounting Specialist plays a pivotal role in the way we service our clients. We take a team-based approach with all our service offerings. The Cloud Accounting Specialist would be responsible for directly serving clients with standard bookkeeping responsibilities, while leveraging our technology stack and secret sauce, our process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping services for a variety of clients.
- Month-end close procedures, including account reconciliations for a variety of clients.
- Preparing monthly financial reports.
- Managing accounts payable workflow for a variety of clients.
- Managing receipt retention and employee expenses for a variety of clients.
- Managing sales tax and 1099 filing requirements for a variety of clients.
- Working closely with Client Accounting Managers on cashflow management, budgeting, special projects, and other client needs as they arise.
- External communication with clients, vendors and at times other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Must be motivated, focused and diligent to ensure success in a virtual environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box, with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, well organized, and able to manage time and projects effectively.
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits Summary:||Full-time||Part-time|
|Hours requirement||40 hours||15+ hours|
|Unlimited vacation policy||x|
|401(K) with company match||x||x|
|Subsidized health/dental insurance||x|
|New laptop, accessories and swag provided||x||x|
|Cell phone reimbursement||x||x|
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!