Managing Director – Tax & Compliance Services
SYRACUSE, NEW YORK / ROCHESTER, NEW YORK
Gardner & Capparelli is hiring a Managing Director for its Tax & Compliance Services team! This position is an opportunity for the right candidate to immediately step into a leadership position, working directly with and reporting to the founders of company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the operations of the department, including management, training, and mentoring of team members.
- Maintaining awareness of the budget and finances of the department.
- Development and constant reevaluation of department standard operating procedures and technology needs.
- Promote a culture of creative tax planning strategies and value-added services for our clients.
- Development and maintenance of schedules including delegation of workflow.
- Review and signing of tax returns for the company’s clientele.
- Development and management of business relationships with company’s tax and compliance clientele.
- Be a technical resource for the Virtual CFO and Accounting Services team on matters including but not limited:
- Sales & use tax
- Income tax planning & strategies
- Tax credits
- Entity structure
- Ownership transactions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A leader with 10+ years of industry experience, with the majority being in a managerial role. Extensive knowledge of Partnership, S Corp, C Corp, and high-net-worth individual tax compliance & consulting strategies
- Experience working with start-ups in the technology space, including providing guidance on entity structure, equity structure and tax incentives/strategies to support growth
- Experience in multi-state compliance
- Experience in sales & use tax compliance
- Advanced tax technical and research skills in federal taxation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage people
- Experience signing tax returns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA or equivalent experience
- Must be a CPA with an active license in state of New York.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule & Ability to Work Remotely
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan & Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- New Client Commission Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Garage Parking
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!